|Pepsi Max Big One|
|Park||Pleasure Beach, Blackpool|
|Opening date||May 28, 1994|
When Big One was first built, it was manufactured by Arrow Dynamics. Construction began in September 1993 and would last a little over seven months. The supports were flown in from Bolton to Blackpool. After months more, Big One opened to the public on May 28, 1994. It was the second largest ride investment for Pleasure Beach.
- Richard Rodriguez stayed on 6 consecutive hours for 112 days as the longest consecutive amount of days on a rollercoaster. He broke the world record and had his own permanant seat for that period of time.
- When it first opened, it the steepest and tallest coaster in the world.
- It was the fastest in Europe, but third fastest in the world.
- The Blackpool airport is a mile away, so the tallest two hills had to have warning beacons installed to signal the airplanes.
- Riders used to go through a giant Pepsi bottle as part of a sponsorship on the way down.