|Park||Six Flags New England|
|Park section||DC Superhero Adventure|
|Opening date||May 22, 2009|
|Replaced|| Superman: Ride of Steel,
Riverside Park Speedway
Superman: Ride of Steel (2000-2009)Edit
Before the 2000 season, Six Flags New England was called Riverside Park. Later, Six Flags purchased the park and added their own DC theming. The speedway where Bizarro now stands was demolished in the 1999 season. As part of Six Flags's $40 million expansion, the park built Superman: Ride of Steel. The final piece was installed for the ride on March 27, 2000, around 40 days before the ride's opening. The attraction officially opened on May 5, 2000.
In 2009, Six Flags New England closed Ride of Steel so it could be transformed into Bizarro, Superman's archenemy. The track was repainted purple with dark blue supports. Multiple special effects were added as well, including fog machines, mist cannons, and fire blowers. The special effects give guests the feeling of rushing through the city streets of Metropolis, Superman's home. The remodeled ride opened on May 22, 2009.
After guests depart from the station, they face a 208-foot incline chain lift. After reaching the top, riders plummit underground 221-feet inside a fog headchopper tunnel at speeds of 77mph. Riders then exit the tunnel and zoom past a 120 degree right overbanked turn. They then reach the fourth and third hills through buildings. After the fourth hill, the train drops through fogged hills through Bizarro's S shields. Riders crest through a hill, and then turn into a clockwise helix. It then turns a goes into a counter-clockwise helix. Riders make a right turn and brake before going into the station.
- When it opened, it was the tallest and longest coaster on the East Coast.
- The fourth hill is where riders can get their on-ride photo taken.
- Alongside Cedar Point's Millennium Force, Bizarro has managed to keep the top two spots in the Golden Ticket Awards since 2001.
- Out of the ten times it has been in the top two, it has won five times.
Coaster of the WeekEdit
- Bizarro earn the coveted crown of the Wiki's Coaster of the Week from the Week of May 12, 2013 - May 18, 2013.
- Bizarro was the first coaster from Six Flags New England to win the title.
Golden Ticket AwardsEdit
Mitch Hawker's Best Roller Coaster PollEdit