|Park||Ferrari World Abu Dhabi|
|Opening date||November 4, 2010|
Plans for the attraction began during the park's early stages. The park, themed after the popular car brand, Ferrari, would feature numerous attractions. The plan was to create a high-speed roller coaster that would give riders the feeling of racing.
The attraction was announced alongside the park and was completed around the same time as the park's structure.
The attraction opened publicly with Ferrari World Abu Dhabi on November 4, 2010.
After riders board their vehicle, the train accelerates at 150mph, speeding quickly out of the station and up the 174-foot hill. The rides continues on the track, through a series of multiple turns and twists, finishing the course with its original 150mph speed.
- The roller coaster took the coveted title of the world's fastest roller coaster from Kingda Ka in 2010.
- Formula Rossa is the sixth longest roller coaster in the world, and the third tallest in Asia.
- On November 11, 2010, three days before the 2010 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, Felipe Massa and Fernando Alonso, two notable Ferrari Formula One drivers, rode the Formula Rossa.
- The ride was originally named F1 Coaster.
Coaster of the WeekEdit
- Early on since the start of the award, Formula Rossa had been a huge contender for the #1 spot, peaking at #2 every so often. Finally, the roller coaster won over the #1 spot on September 1, 2013. Due to the notable three-month idle period, the coaster remained #1, until the idle period ended November 16, 2013, and was replaced the following day.