|Park||Silver Dollar City|
|Opening date||March 15, 2013|
Behind Silver Dollar City's closed doors in 2009, they began planning for a new, thrilling attraction for 2013.
While at the IAAPA 2011 Trade Show, Alan Schilke of Rocky Mountain Construction revealed two of their construction projects for 2013. One was a complete design of a working wooden rollercoaster located at Silver Dollar City.
When construction began, Silver Dollar City launched a teaser website to promote Outlaw Run. It featured public notices indicating the ride was themed after the Old West and stagecoaches. An announcement was made August 9, 2012. Two clues indicating the theme were released: one a handwritten letter and a second was a photo giving a caption sounding from the west.
On September 26, 2012, the last piece was installed to Outlaw Run, meaning it was time. The ride opened for previews to the guests and officially opened March 15, 2013.
Riders board their vehicle, which shortly after, exits the station and ascends up the 107ft lift hill. After the train reaches the top of the lift, guests experience a small pre-drop, before speeding at 68mph down the 162ft drop. This drop is the steepest wooden coaster drop, at 81 degrees. Riders then are taken into an overbanked turn, the first element of the attraction. Riders are thrown upside down in the complete-circuit turn. The train then swerves sharply, and riders enter a 100ft tall double down, which is then followed by a 70ft double up. Riders experience several more sharp swerves and turns, before reaching the coaster's final element: a double barrell roll. Just like the overbanked turn at the beginning of the ride, riders are twirled and thrown upside down twice. The train then reaches the brake system, and heads into the station.
Golden Ticket Awards: Best New Ride for 2013Edit
- Outlaw Run was one of five nominees for 2013's Best New Ride. The attraction won the title, beating Six Flags Fiesta Texas's Iron Rattler and Cedar Point's GateKeeper.
Coaster of the WeekEdit
- Outlaw Run won Coaster of the Week during the week of March 17, 2013 - March 23, 2013.
- The coaster has the steepest wooden coaster drop, at 81 degrees.
- It is the only wooden coaster to have inversions. Outlaw Run has three inversions: an overbanked turn and a double barrell roll.
- The attraction ties with Colossos at Heide Park for the second fastest wooden coaster in the world, at 68mph.
- The attraction is Rocky Mountain Construction's first roller coaster.